Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year
The paint out at Chatfield was a fun, fun, fun, OK it was also cold, but the idea of starting the new year with a painting was well worth the extra layers of clothes. It was a blessing that the wind wasn't blowing. The 8 degree temp did keep all the layers zipped up and gloves on. Started this painting with cloudy conditions (hoping for sunshine) and just when I got the shapes and values where I wanted them, the sun came out. Go figure. So I ended up slapping on paint as fast as I can just to get a reasonable sketch. Jon and Chris and I had lots of fun talking and waiting for the sun that just edged behind the clouds, not really playing peek a boo but daring us to paint so he could jump out at us. The sun did come out in the afternoon for a little while. Just long enough to take a few more pictures for reference to other snow scene paintings.  Hope all of you have a Happy New Year and wishing you great paintings.
Cliff

No comments: