Monday, May 17, 2010

Saturday was a paint out with the Pastel Society of Colorado. We were supposed to go to Rocky Mountain National Park but since the call ahead, said there was 2 feet of snow on the ground, it might be better to stay closer to Denver. We all met at Delaney Farms in Aurora. I have painted here before and I am starting to like it more and more. As I get better with seeing the potential for shape relations and the location being close to home, this place gets more and more attractive. I love pastels. There is such a surprise at each painting because I don't try to match each color or value but have to decide to use what I have to make the painting work. Maybe there is a life lesson here. Be happy with what you have.

1 comment:

cliff austin said...

Be sure to check out the Plein Air Artists of Colorado show at Saks Galleries in July, I have 3 paintings accepted in the show. Wow what a surprise. :-)